Monday, March 5, 2012

THE GOOD SHEPHERD

FAVORITES

John: 10: 1-18

Having inherited two lovely children from my marriage, I often wondered if I would love the two as much as my own, which I at some point would have.

When my daughter arrived, I joyfully discovered that I loved them as intensely as I loved the new arrival, yet UNIQUELY.

This discovery coincides with God’s ability to love us totally without taking any love away from His other children, for He loves every believer uniquely. Every believer who asks God for help, receives help as if there were no others needing His attention.

Jesus declares in John 10: He is the good shepherd who calls, cares for, and knows His own sheep by name and is known by them  (v3,11 & 14).
Jesus likens this shepherd-sheep relationship to the relationship He enjoys with His heavenly Father (v15).

How special we are to Him!

“To renew your love for Christ, review His love for you”.

No comments:

Post a Comment