Sunday, March 31, 2013

TAKE A WALK INSTEAD

A quick browse through the map of Causeway Bay to determine the quickest route to Victoria Park, the Bay Market, Royal HK Yatch Club and the HK Central Library provided many options. Board a taxi, bus or the underground MRT or simply put in some effort and WALK, as the distance can be covered with ease in 15-25 minutes depending on the destination. Causeway Bay's chinese name is also romanized as Tung Lo Wan.

Causeway Bay at night, at Kingston Street
Plying the KL-HK route over some years in the early 2000s meant a couple of week stay on work assignment. Usually the morning culture would be to hop onto the MRT, one of the most extensive criss-crossing HK.

This particular day was an exception, since the official assignments were scheduled towards the later part of the day. And walk I did, through the Bay Market area, passing through hundreds of storefronts. In the process, I enjoyed smelling the smells (not all of it), hearing the sounds, watch the traffic, study the people and stopover at some shops. This made me feel part of the Wanchai District. 

WALK TO WORK
It took me time and effort, but it was well worth it.

Whilst at a coffee stopover, I realised, we are all in a journey called the Christian life, wherein we are faced with similar choices. We can take the easy route, depending on others to give us quick-fix solutions, all our instructions by this shortcutting our way past a good prayer-life or speedreading a portion of scripture and term it 'devotion'. Sometimes we just plug in a devotional DVD whilst driving as a replacement for that 'going away' from the hustle and bustle, to be alone with our Maker.

Why not take that walk with God today? But first, delight in it.  As you map out your course, choose to 'seek Him with all your heart.' - Psalm 119-2

Read also Psalm 119:1-16:

1 Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the Lord.
2 Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart—
3 they do no wrong
but follow his ways.
4 You have laid down precepts
that are to be fully obeyed.
5 Oh, that my ways were steadfast
in obeying your decrees!
6 Then I would not be put to shame
when I consider all your commands.
7 I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.
8 I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.

9 How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.


TO ENJOY YOUR WALK WITH GOD, KEEP IN STEP WITH HIS WORD






No comments:

Post a Comment