Monday, October 29, 2012

LIKE THE MORNING WATCHMAN WAITS



School holidays was fun time but the waiting during a train ride during the late 60s through 70s was something of a dislike. At every station stop along the way to either Ipoh or Batu Gajah, I would trim the number of stops on my little paper before my stop is due. 

Much later the waiting took place again, this time at some airport in a distant land. Most certainly I didn't enjoy it either but this time it was a waiting with anticipation.

When I get home, I would be welcomed by my loved ones.

A similar kind of waiting was expressed by the one who wrote Psalm 130.

1.
Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
2.
Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
3.
If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
Lord, who could stand?
4.
But with you there is forgiveness,
so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
5.
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope.

6.
I wait for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.

7.
Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
for with the Lord is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.
8.
He himself will redeem Israel
from all the
ir sins.


Clearly it appears he was in the ebb time of his life and in much despair over the guilt he bore.Verses 1-3 describes this.

In his petition he prays for forgiveness but much more than this it was the Lord Himself for whom he awaits. Just like the anticipation of a watchman who knows that light will appear at the crack of dawn.


Aren't we all hurting in many areas of lives? We too can look to Him and await with anticipation. The Lord will surely come to our rescue, be it through a rhema Word, counsel from friends/leaders or the quiet witness of the Holy Spirit. 

One thing is certain, as surely as morning light always breaks the darkness of night, He will meet our need


2 comments: